Want to know where to find the best tall womens clothing Australia edition? Look no further than Australian tall brand Miss G & Me! I love this brand so much that I’ve bought 3 items over the past few years and am finally sharing my thoughts.
This post is all about the best tall womens clothing in Australia!
I have learned not to limit myself to my own home country when shopping for tall clothing. Finding tall women’s clothing is already hard enough, so I feel like it’s best to be prepared to cast the net wide and take some chances as a tall woman.
I am SO happy that I took a chance on ordering from Australian tall brand Miss G & Me, which offers a well rounded selection of tall items including joggers, dresses, maxi skirts, blazers, sweaters, tees and more. Not to mention that Miss G & Me carries inseams up to 37″ inseam.
I’ve worn all three Miss G & Me items that I own a LOT and am already scheming about what my next purchase will be. Keep reading to hear about the fantastic Miss G & Me items that I love.
What Makes Miss G & Me The Best Tall Womens Clothing Australia
You may be wondering why I’ve labeled Miss G & Me as the best tall women’s clothing in Australia. With high quality items that are ethically made in Australia and superb customer service, Miss G & Me is setting the bar rather high for other tall brands!
The owner, 6’1 Penni, has managed to strike a perfect balance with her styles – they are timeless and classic but don’t look dated or dowdy. She also seems to truly be a mind reader when it comes to the items that tall women want – tall blazers, flattering dresses and skirts in pretty prints, comfy and flattering pants of all types (just to name a few). This is one of the few tall brands that I watch like a hawk to see what will be launching next.
Another thing that sets Penni apart is her unwavering commitment to quality and fit and her superb customer service. She wears and washes the Miss G & Me samples for new items a ton and does lots of tweaks so that the final product is PERFECT. As for customer service, Penni actually takes the time to get to know her customers and their style preferences so that she can help with sizing recommendations! You’ll see what I mean when you read my review of the Betty joggers below.
Miss G & Me Maggie Wool Sweater
My first purchase from Miss G & Me was the Maggie wool tunic-length sweater, and I’ve now had it for almost 2.5 years! I am notoriously slow in writing tall fashion reviews, but I think this actually works out for the better because I really get to know the item and can see how it holds up after gobs wear rather than reviewing it after I’ve only worn it a few times.
A few things I love about this sweater:
- It’s ethically made! More specifically, it is knitted in Tasmania using ethically sourced Australian wool.
- The details! The long ribbed cuffs on the sleeves, flattering vertical drop-stitch detailing in the back and side slits on the hem are all super flattering.
- The length! I am a HUGE HUGE fan of tunic-length sweaters that hit just below my bum since they’re extra warm and cozy for winter and I think it’s a flattering silhouette with skinnies or leggings. The sleeve length on this tunic is absolutely superb as well!
- The quality! I have worn this sweater an insane amount over the past 2.5 years and it is showing zero signs of wear. I expect this sweater to be in my wardrobe for many years to come!
Sizing: Maggie comes in sizes XS-Large. This sweater is a relaxed fit if you take your normal size. I am 6’2/1.88m, 195 lbs and wearing a size medium. If you want a more fitted silhouette, be sure to size down.
Let’s Talk About Pilling: Of course, wool sweaters always pill a bit. This is even discussed in the description for this sweater on the Miss G & Me website. I have found the pilling to be easily managed. Pilling is the pits and I HATE it. But I would 100% buy another Maggie sweater because the pilling really hasn’t been an issue.
Miss G & Me Katey Maxi Skirt
I had my eye on this beautiful maxi skirt for ages before I finally bought it and then I wondered what took me so long. Adding this floaty maxi skirt to my closet last summer was one of the best tall fashion choices I made last year!
A few things I love about this skirt:
- The length! Can you believe I actually had to take this skirt to the tailor to get it shortened?! What an amazing problem to have. So if you are taller than 6’2 or have extra long legs, just know that this skirt will be plenty long
- It has pockets! These days, I can hardly stand to buy a skirt, dress or pants that don’t have pockets. Anyone else with me on this? Pockets are literally LIFE! I especially love that the pockets are very subtle and don’t add any bulk around the hips
- The details! Whenever I wear a maxi dress or skirt, I prefer for it to have some sort of slit and the Katey maxi definitely delivers on this. I also love the blue/white tropical floral print of the fabric. It is ANYTHING but boring
- The versatility! I love how the skirt is worn as a strapless dress in some of the photos on the website. There is also a matching cami if you want to create a 2 piece set. And of course the skirt also looks great on its own with a tee or tank top.
Sizing: I’m 6’2, 195 lbs and wearing a size AU14. The Katey skirt comes in sizes AU10-18. To see equivalent Euro, U.S. and UK sizes, click here and look for the size conversion chart toward the bottom. Also be sure to refer to the size chart on the product page of the skirt!
Miss G & Me Betty Joggers
30 hours! That’s how long I sat on various planes in the Betty joggers during a trek from Germany to the U.S. and back.
And you know what? I never once noticed the pants! What I mean is, they were the absolute perfect travel pants because I never once thought “Oof…these are digging in here or bunching up there” and that’s saying something when one of my flights was 12 hours nonstop!
I bought these pants specifically for this trip knowing I’d have 3 really long travel days and they DEFINITELY understood the assignment…which was focusing on keeping my 3 year old entertained rather than squirming around in my seat trying to get comfy like I’ve unfortunately had to do in the past with ill fitting travel outfits.
Sizing/Fit: Shout-out to Penni for her sizing help! When I contacted her regarding sizing, she said that since I seem to like a more fitted style with my pants, she recommended sizing down to an AU12 (equivalent to a US8 which I haven’t worn in like 15 years). I was totally skeptical that the pants would fit and be comfy but Penni knows her stuff! They fit perfectly everywhere and are indeed the type of fit I prefer.
I was impressed that Penni took the time to figure out my style preference! A brand owner who makes the effort to get to know her customers is worth her weight in gold, right? I will be a customer of Miss G and Me for life because of it!
Wearability: Thanks to the thick ponte knit fabric of these joggers, they have an elevated vibe when compared to other more loungey joggers that I own and I feel very presentable in them. And thanks to the high quality fabric and construction, I plan to wear them for years!
Fun fact! When I expressed interest in buying the Maggie sweater back in 2021, Penni had yet to try shipping internationally so I agreed to be her guinea pig (in exchange for free shipping) and became the first international customer. Woohoo!
If you’re nervous about international shipping, there’s no need to worry. Miss G & Me has shipped many many orders worldwide. I ordered all three of the items in this review when I lived in Germany. They arrived quickly and I paid the expected import taxes. Now that I live in the US again, I’m happy that there shouldn’t be any import taxes on my next order. And as long as you measure yourself accurately and refer to the garment measurements, you hopefully won’t have to make a return. If you live outside Australia and are considering making a purchase, here is a helpful blog post that Penni wrote about international shipping.
As long as we have tall brands like Miss G & Me around that are thoughtfully producing high quality, beautiful clothing, the future of tall fashion is bright. I can’t wait to see what Miss G & Me has in store for 2024!
This post was all about best tall womens clothing Australia.
You might also like:
- The Ultimate Guide to Tall Ethical Clothing Brands
- Otto+Ivy Review – The Tilly Boots (the boots I’m wearing with the Maggie sweater)
- Review of Zivaano Sneakers (the shoes I’m wearing with the Betty joggers)