How to wear a white lace top

4 Ways to Wear a White Lace Top

Oh lace! You get me every time. Ever since my very first purchase in the form of a beautiful lace dress in NYC 3 years ago, I’m always on the prowl for other lace pieces. I love lace so much that I wish my husband would agree to let us have another wedding so that I can buy a lace wedding dress! Something tells me that’s not going to happen, so I will just continue to fill my closet with lace tops, skirts, dresses…you get the idea.

Since I was in the market for a dressy neutral top, I was thrilled when Long Tall Sally kindly gifted me this lace top to try. I’m wearing a size US6 and it fits perfectly. There is a chiffon layer underneath that peeks out a bit when the shirt is worn untucked. LTS calls this color “champagne” and it also comes pretty plum color.

As you know, I love playing dress up and was very happy to discover all the different ways I’m able to style this white lace top. Lace tops or dresses may seem too luxurious or fancy for every day wear, but I’ve actually gotten a TON of wear out of the lace items in my closet.  Check out my 4 ways to wear a white lace top in all 4 seasons for both dressy and casual occasions.

Look #1 – Leopard+Lace

For my first outfit, I started with my leopard print pencil skirt, the LTS lace top and my Kate Spade teal necklace.

4 ways to wear a white lace top

If it were summer time, I could throw on a cute pair of sandals and head out the door. Since it’s a bit too chilly for that, I created a dressy winter outfit and a casual spring/fall outfit.

Dressy Winter Outfit

To “winterize” my base outfit shown above, I added my black Banana Republic tall puff sleeve blazer and tights. And to dress it up, I added my Kate Spade bag and Vincent Camuto black pumps. I would wear this outfit both to the office and out to a nice dinner so I’d say it’s a winner!

4 ways to wear a white lace top Long Tall Sally lace top

Casual Spring/Fall Outfit

For a casual night out in the spring or fall, I plan to pair the leopard print skirt and lace top with my Hudson denim jacket, J.Crew extended calf boots and my very very pale legs.

How to wear a white lace top Long Tall Sally Lace Top

Look #2 – Black Jeans+Lace

For my second outfit, I paired the lace top with my black jeans from J.Crew. Again, if it were a warm spring day or mild summer day, I’d stop right here and dash out the door. Keep reading for my winter and fall/spring outfits!

Tall lace top Long Tall Sally

Dressy Winter Outfit

I’ve gushed about how much I love black jeans before and I’m afraid I’m going to do it again. Black jeans solve the question of “Hmmm…I wonder if I can wear jeans to that restaurant or event?”. When faced with that dilemma, I just throw these black jeans on with a dressy top and snazzy shoes and it’s hard to even tell I’m wearing jeans.

If you follow me on Instagram, then you already know that’s exactly what I did the other night when I went out for dinner with a bunch of people from a local organization that I’m involved with. The folks in this club tend to dress up but it was raining and I didn’t feel like wearing a dress or skirt. Instead, I opted for the black jeans, lace top, my gray Loft blazer and waterproof suede Aquatalia boots.

How to wear a lace top in winter

Casual Spring/Fall Outfit

To dress down the lace top and black jeans, I threw on my olive green J.Crew field jacket and LTS Chelsea boots.

White Lace Top J.Crew

Are you a fan of lace too? Do you keep your lace items for fancier outfits or do you try to find ways to wear them in an every day outfit?

Linked up with – Fashion Should be Fun

• Reply Meghan January 13, 2016 at 1:06 am

I’m in love with the plum version because, well I buy everything it that color these days!! But, I’ve never ordered anything from LTS because their sizing always seems to start at a 4 or 6 and I’m consistently a 2tall or regular in jcrew and elsewhere. This top also seems to run in numeric sizes but I see you you said you were wearing a small. Any suggestions on fit? Thanks in advance! Hoping to get on the LTS bandwagon.

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures January 13, 2016 at 8:02 am

Yes! The plum version looks so pretty, doesn’t it? I made a typo in the sizing but have now fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out! I’m wearing a size 6 (as opposed to a small). That is a total bummer that LTS doesn’t carry your size. Generally speaking, I would say their styles are pretty true to size and, if anything, run a smidge big sometimes. If you ever see a style you like in a size 4, it might be worth trying though. Or, if you live near any of their pop-up locations, you could go and try a bunch of stuff on to get a feel for sizing.

• Reply Andrea@WellnessNotes January 13, 2016 at 3:32 am

I love this top! And I love how you styled it different ways!

I have to agree, black jeans are awesome. I teach in a very casual college (and pretty much “anything” goes), and I started wearing black jeans more often to work. I always make the rest of my outfit quite dressy, but I love the comfort of jeans… 🙂 So, yes, I definitely like mixing dressy & casual pieces in an outfit…

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures January 13, 2016 at 8:03 am

Thanks Andrea! Black jeans really are the best especially when they’re comfy while still looking chic. Sounds like you’ve found a great way to incorporate them into your career wear. I love that!

• Reply Jaymie Ashcraft January 13, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Love all the ways you styled this top!! I really need to check that store out. 🙂
    Jaymie

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures January 15, 2016 at 7:57 am

Thanks Jaymie! I do have very good luck at Long Tall Sally. You should check it out

• Reply P2aula January 14, 2016 at 3:21 am

I really like all of the looks you created with the lace top! And, I wouldn’t have dreamed that a leopard print skirt could be so versatile. Good ideas!
    Paula

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures January 15, 2016 at 7:58 am

Thanks! I know…who knew leopard print could go with so many things.

• Reply Allison @ The Tall Mama January 15, 2016 at 3:27 am

I love lace too! This top is gorgeous on you and I love all the ways you have styled it. x Allison

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures January 15, 2016 at 7:59 am

Thanks Allison! Isn’t lace the best?

• Reply Stephanie January 16, 2016 at 12:12 am

I loved your combos. Just a heads up though all of the pics were blurry except the last one. I don’t know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing or if it’s my phone. I can get a good idea of what you’re wearing but would love to see the outfits more clearly. Do you think it’s something in the program for your website?

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures January 16, 2016 at 8:43 am

Hmmm…That’s really odd. I just tried it on my phone and it’s fine. Maybe try your iPad? Nobody else has mentioned it so hopefully it’s just a one time thing. I am having some issues with my feature images on Bloglovin’ right now so if you were reading it via that platform, that might be why. Try going directly to the website to read it. xo

• Reply Dawn Lucy January 18, 2016 at 3:16 pm

You wear clothing so well, Dear! Love seeing this lace top in so many different looks. I think my fav is with the leopard skirt, but then I’m partial to animal print!

Thanks for being a part of Fun Fashion Friday!

OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures January 23, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Thanks Dawn Lucy! Glad you liked the leopard print! It’s such a fun skirt. I need to wear it more.

• Reply Sara March 3, 2016 at 8:18 pm

You’ll have to excuse me being a bit late to the party – I’m finally getting chance to catch up on my reading. I loved this post – you’ve given me so much food for thought with the styling options! I have a thing for lace too but that little bit of chiffon at the bottom is a great addition.

(Loving the hair too!)

Sara x

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures March 8, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Better late than never! Thanks for the compliments. This top really is great…I’ve been wearing it on repeat and I agree that the bit of chiffon is a nice touch.

• Reply My Love Affair With Tall Blazers - Long Tall Sally Riding Jacket April 16, 2016 at 8:15 pm

[…] guess you could say I’m a bit Long Tall Sally’d out in this look since the lace top and Chelsea boots are also from LTS (both c/o). I’m really liking the romantic-ish combo of […]

• Reply facesofonypr April 26, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Great looking skirt and I love the way you’re wearing it in all the pictures

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures April 29, 2016 at 7:47 am

Thanks so much!

• Reply Red White and Blue - 5 Outfits for July 4th! July 4, 2016 at 9:30 pm

[…] I still have mostly “full coverage” on my lower extremities. I paired the skirt with my Long Tall Sally cream lace top, a red bracelet and mixed metal necklace (both from Noonday Collection) and black […]