Tall Fashion Blogs London

Another Tall Blogger Meet-Up!

One of the things I love about traveling around Europe is getting the chance to meet up with tall blogger friends!  The husband and I took our first trip to the UK last weekend and, while we had a jam-packed schedule of sightseeing, I was thrilled that I was able to carve out a few hours to meet  Sara from Girl in the Pretty Dress and Laura from All the Tall Things.  I was equally thrilled that both Sara and Laura were game to take time out of their schedules to meet up (especially since Sara had to get up at the crack of dawn and take a rather long train ride).

As I was walking toward Riding House Cafe, I spied a fashionable looking tall chick standing outside.  I knew it had to be Sara!  It was truly fabulous meeting Sara face-to-face since her encouraging words about my blog in 2014 were one of my motivations for getting back in the blogging saddle in 2015.  I also began taking style notes because she looked very chic and classy in her skirt, tights, booties and feminine sweater.

A few minutes later, Laura arrived also looking fabulous in a skirt, tights, booties and sweater.  (Note to self: play dress-up with my skirts and new ankle boots to figure out some outfits so I can look as fabulous as these two ladies). Laura’s website is the very first tall blog I ever read years ago (even before starting my own blog), and she has always been so supportive and kind.  It was such a treat to meet her in person!

Tall Fashion Blogs London

As soon as we walked in the door of the cafe, one of the restaurant host’s eyes became very large and he made some silly comment about how tall we all were.  Ummm…DUH…like we don’t know!  Now that we had the obligatory tall comment out of the way, we were ready to enjoy a leisurely time of tall girl talk whilst sipping cocktails and nibbling on some yummy food.  We covered a wide range of topics from traveling to our careers to the tall fashion scene to horses to men to the TV show Nashville…you name it and we pretty much covered it.

After a couple of hours of brunching and chatting, Sara and I said goodbye to Laura.  For the rest of the afternoon, Sara very kindly played tour guide to me and the husband since her train didn’t leave until later in the evening.  Since the cafe was close to Oxford Street, we strolled past all of the shops dodging the crazy Sunday crowds.  I’ll be the first to admit this is super cheesy and touristy of me but I wanted to pop into Selfridges since my husband and I are fans of the Masterpiece series Mr. Selfridge.  Thankfully, Sara was a good sport and went along with my touristy desires. Sara and I also thought the TTYA line was stocked here but, when we asked, we were told they no longer carry it.  Then we asked if they have any tall-sized clothing tucked away anywhere in the 540,000 square feet (50,000 square meters) of retail space and were told they did not. Sigh!  Oh well. There were certainly some lovely fashions to behold in the store.

Tall Fashion Blog Meet-Up in London

Selfridges

We grew weary of the crowds pretty quickly and escaped to the peace and beauty of Hyde Park where we enjoyed a long and leisurely stroll.  Thanks to its size, the park offers a perfect escape from all of the hustle and bustle of London.  As we wandered around, I felt like we had left the city even though we were still very much in the middle of it.

Tall Fashion Blogger

Tall Fashion Blogger Meet-Up

We ended our walk by having a gander at Buckingham Palace which just so happened to have some beautiful clouds hanging around it.

Buckingham

Tall Blogger Meet-Up

This definitely was a superb Sunday Funday, and I hope I am able to return to the UK sometime soon so that I can see more of it and hopefully have time to meet up with Sara and Laura again as well as some of the other UK-based tall bloggers.

• Reply Jill October 16, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Hi Beth, you really get to do some great traveling, you are so lucky! I wanted to swing by and thank you for joining Adrienne and me for ‘How I Wear My: Poncho or Wrap.’ I just shared your picture on our FB page, your look was one of my favorites this month! xx

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures October 16, 2015 at 6:24 pm

Hi Jill – Thanks for stopping by and thank you also for your kind words! I do indeed consider myself insanely lucky to have so many opportunities to travel right now. I really loved this month’s How I Wear My! I plan to do a blog post on my ruana wrap soon and will be sure to link back to your website so my readers can be inspired by all of the great styling ideas on your blog. And thanks a million for sharing my photo on your FB page. Made my day!

• Reply Andrea@WellnessNotes October 16, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Sounds like a great meet-up! Great photos!

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures October 16, 2015 at 6:26 pm

It was tons of fun!

• Reply Abby October 18, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Well, that sounds like a rather delightful experience! Your outfit is very chic – love the color combinations. Did your tall blogger peeps know each other prior to this rendezvous?

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures October 18, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Yes! Twas quite delightful. None of us had ever met each other in person before although Sara and Laura have a mutual friend. We only knew each other via the interwebs. Glad you like my outfit!

• Reply Paty @antesAltaquesinsilla October 18, 2015 at 5:21 pm

What a great day! You definitely spend a nice time together and make the most of it by doing some tourism, too.
    I just came back home from my meet up with Karen and we also got some comments on our height 😛 I hope we can post some pictures soon and post our time together, it always feels so short when you’re sharing so many things in common. I’d love to meet you soon girls!
    Have a nice evening!

Paty @antesAltaquesinsilla.blogspot.com

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures October 18, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Yes! It was a wonderful day. So glad you were able to meet Karen. I very much enjoyed meeting her a couple of months ago. I guess we tall girls can never dodge the height comments, huh? 🙂 I can’t wait to see some photos, and I hope to come to Barcelona and meet you soon as well.

• Reply Karen October 18, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Looked like you girls had loads of fun!! Happy you enjoyed London: those clouds above Buckingham Palace look gorgeous indeed!! 🙂 xx

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures October 18, 2015 at 7:20 pm

We sure did Karen! Between the good company, gorgeous weather and interesting sights, it was a splendid day. And yes…I love it when the clouds show up for a photo op.

• Reply shoegalfi October 19, 2015 at 10:47 am

I would be up for a meet up if you come back to the UK!

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures October 19, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Sounds great!

• Reply Allison @ The Tall Mama October 19, 2015 at 10:57 pm

It’s so lovely that you were able to meet up! Oh the tall comments… people just can’t help themselves! Feel free to borrow my often used response of “you poor thing, it must be hard being short” accompanied with a sympathetic head tilt. 🙂 x Allison

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures October 23, 2015 at 10:29 am

Yes! It was lovely indeed. Ohhhhh…I like your comeback. I’m going to have to remember that and will use it next time for sure.

• Reply Jourdan October 23, 2015 at 5:25 am

Hi Beth!!

I love this blog! A dear friend just shared it with me. I’m 6’1″ and love clothes and fashion and traveling! Can’t wait to read more.

~ Jourdan

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures October 23, 2015 at 10:31 am

Hi Jourdan! I’m so happy that your friend told you about my blog and am equally as happy that you love it.

• Reply A Look Back at 2015 January 1, 2016 at 2:38 pm

[…] Amsterdam (and Keukenhof!), Champagne region, Loire Valley, Piedmont/Tuscany, Rhine River, Paris, London and Zurich (just to name a […]

• Reply European Tall Fashion Blogs February 20, 2016 at 8:06 pm

[…] Girl in the Pretty Dress – Sara has cool style and fun photos (including some beautiful travel photos). I love her Instagram description – Country Chick, City Chic. Read about my brunch with Laura from All the Tall Things and Sara here. […]