Tall Floral Jeans Long Tall Sally

Tall Shopping Trip Part 1 – Visit to a Long Tall Sally Store with Mom

My mom came to visit me in Europe for a splendid 2+ weeks.  She just left a couple of days ago, and I’m crying in my beer wine because I miss her something fierce, but at least I can console myself by going through the 9837453980578932 photos from her visit.

We definitely covered some major turf during her trip visiting 3 countries and several interesting sites.  More importantly, we trekked to a Long Tall Sally store and spent a sublime two hours shopping until we dropped.I just love that LTS has fabulous styles that are suitable for a broad age range such that a mom and daughter can happily shop together.  Maybe one day when my niece is older, my mom, sister, niece and I can all pop into an LTS together for a “3 generation” shopping spree.  What a dream that would be!!

I found a couple of fabulous dresses for my upcoming summer vacation (sneak peek of one of them here on Instagram). I’ll will share more details on the dresses with you soon but first, here is what my lovely mom bought.

Mom was looking for some everyday tops/blouses and cropped pants.  I think she was initially a bit “meh” when the shop attendant and I ganged up on her and forced her to try on these floral cropped jeans because she wasn’t convinced they were “her”.  The moment she stepped out of the dressing room, I knew she HAD to buy them.  They had the 3 Fs going on…fresh, fun and flattering.  This just goes to show how amazeballs it is to be able to try a ton of tall styles on in person (even stuff you’re lukewarm about).  You’re lukewarm attitude may just start to sizzle once you see how the clothes actually look on you.

The colors are so pretty and the floral pattern is perfect for spring and summer.

According to Mom, the bit of stretch in the jeans make them super comfy and figure flattering and they also hold the tummy in.  She also bought the LTS everyday tee  and it goes perfectly with the jeans.

Mom also picked up this white cotton wrap shirt, and I suspect she’ll get a lot of wear out of it.  You really can’t go wrong with a white blouse especially when it has some nice details like a flattering neckline and tie waist. Given my infatuation with bows, it should come as no surprise that I adore the bow tie detailing.

Check out the longggggg sleeves and great body length of the blouse!

We also tried tying the blouse “cummerbund” style. I just noticed on the LTS website that they have it wrapped around once (instead of twice) and tied in the back which might work better.   Either way, a wrap blouse with generous “ties” is the perfect way to define your waist, dontcha think?

Of course, Mom had to have a photo op outside the store (sporting her LTS pants previously reviewed here).

Speaking of those pants, I can’t resist sharing one of my favorite photos from her trip.  She didn’t know I was snapping it (I’m sneaky like that), and I love the “I’m just soaking all of this up” look on her face as she walks around the quaint little village of Riquewhir in the Alsace region of France.

Have you ever had a chance to do some tall shopping with a family member?  Or, have you ever had a friend or store employee convince you to try something on that you didn’t like on the hanger but loved once you were actually wearing it?

• Reply Fevie June 15, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Very cool!

• Reply Lydia June 16, 2015 at 1:00 am

Can't wait for us all to shop together someday.

• Reply SHOEGAL June 16, 2015 at 7:16 am

My first trip to Long Tall Sally was with my mom when I was about 17 – she'd just found out it existed and we went to visit the York store as that was the nearest one. My mom is only about 5'6" so she said she could tell the shop was for tall people because she couldn't see/reach anything that was hung on the top rails. I was very excited to finally be in a shop where everything would fit me.

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures June 18, 2015 at 7:11 am

What a great memory! It is such a nice and rare feeling to have a whole store stocked with clothing exclusively for tall women.

• Reply auntp June 16, 2015 at 7:39 pm

Your mom looks lovely!

• Reply Tall girl June 17, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Mum and I are totally different lengths, so shopping together is not great. We've shopped for her, though, and managed to make quite a noticeable dent in her bank balance! 😉

More photographs from your travels, please! Swoon, the little village your mum looks so intrigued by is so pretty.

Anett | Tall Girl's Fashion

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures June 18, 2015 at 7:14 am

I guess I should consider myself lucky that my mom, sister and I can shop together and share clothes. 🙂 Although sometimes it is fun to go shopping with someone and let them spend all the money like you have done with your mom. 🙂

More travel photos on the way soon. Glad you're liking them!

• Reply tallwife.com June 17, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Those floral pants look lovely on your mum! great find!
    My mum is really short, so going tall-shopping with her wouldn't work. We do shop together do occasionally, but I have more fun shopping with my 6'1 cousin. 🙂

My husband actually often persuades me into trying on new things, and more than often, he is right. he has got amazing fashion sense. It's ridiculous. 😉

So happy for you that got to spend time with your mum! 🙂

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures June 18, 2015 at 7:16 am

I just love the pants too! Shopping with your cousin sounds fun! Always great to have at least one tall relative to shop with.

How wonderful to have a husband with impeccable fashion sense. That's really a win-win because 1) you know that he'll like what you're buying since he picked it and 2) it's like being married to a personal stylist

• Reply The Tall Mama June 18, 2015 at 2:10 am

Oh how I wish there were tall retailers where I live!!!

It's lovely that you & your Mum have such a great time shopping together!

Allison @ http://www.thetallmamastyle.blogspot.com.au

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures June 18, 2015 at 7:18 am

I hope a tall retailer sets up shop near you someday!

Yes. We really did have a wonderful day of retail therapy. 🙂

• Reply Sara - Girl in the Pretty Dress June 18, 2015 at 5:20 pm

You look so like your Mum. Love the print on those jeans!

Sara x

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures June 26, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Yes! I do think we look alike and I hope I. Can age as gracefully as she has. Not that she's old of course but you know what I mean. 😉

I love the print too! So fun for spring/summer

• Reply Tall Shopping Trip Part 2 – Review of LTS Button-Up Mixed Print Maxi – Tall Fashion Adventures July 31, 2015 at 10:38 am

[…] high time I review one of my Tall Speciality Shop Challenge purchases from June.  I already shared my mom’s fabulous finds from our Long Tall Sally shopping spree and now it’s my turn. My main shopping mission was to […]