Tall Shopping Road Trip Series – Tall Boutiques in the U.S.

It’s almost summer and you know what that means – ROAD TRIP!!  For the second installment of the Tall Shopping Road Trip Series, I’m featuring tall boutiques in the U.S.  Grab a tall girlfriend or two, pack up your car and cruise around the U.S. on a dreamy tall shopping trip!  If you’re feeling really daring, you can even go coast-to-coast. Check out the interactive map at the end of the post to create your own route.

First stop – Talltique

6’4 Talltique founder Helen Pappas knows a thing or two about tall shopping (or the lack thereof).  Lucky for us she saw a problem and decided to be part of the solution!  The pants and jeans at Talltique start with an inseam of 37″ and go all the way up to 41″! Whoa! Wait! What? 41″ inseam?!?!?! Can you imagine?   In addition to long pants and jeans, you’ll find on-trend maxi skirts, jackets (like my faux leather bomber jacket that I love so dearly), tanks, tops, dresses and even accessories.

Want to know what it’s like to actually visit the boutique? The Tall Muse was lucky enough to visit Talltique recently and kindly shared this photo with me.  Check out her write up and more photos here.

Snapshot of Talltique courtesy of The Tall Muse

Second Stop – Amalli Talli

Remember my Entrepreneurial Tall Sisters write-up featuring Amalli Talli? If not, here’s a refresher. Amalli Talli is a specialty boutique in the Minneapolis area providing casual and fun style options that flatter tall women.  They carefully select trendy merchandise from national mainstream vendors that have the right silhouettes that work for longer arms, torsos and legs, and stock over 35 styles of denim in inseams from 34-38″!

If you can’t make it to the store, Amalli Talli just launched its online store last week.  I pretty much want to buy everything on the webstore.  Quick! Somebody confiscate my bank card!

Shopping for Tall Women's Clothes
The Amalli Talli Store

Third Stop – Long Tall Sally

Depending on your level of wanderlust and time, your third stop can be at one of the 4 LTS’s in the U.S. – Utica, Bloomington, Chicago or Denver.

Last Stop – TTYA at Barneys Beverly Hills (or NY)

If wanderlust got the better of you and you chose the coast-to-coast route, your last stop will be Barneys Beverly Hills where you can try on clothes from the Taller Than Your Average (TTYA) line.  You can also check out the TTYA line at Barneys in Manhattan.

Click on the icon in the upper left of the map to see a full list of tall boutiques in the U.S. or click on the red place markers in the map for more details including each store’s website.  Make the map your own by using the buttons at the top right….share it, download it, open it in Google Maps etc.

Have you ever visited any of these stores?  Am I missing any tall stores in the U.S.? Do you love road trips as much as me or do they drive you nuts?

• Reply Uzo O May 13, 2015 at 1:32 pm

So glad i stopped by , i'm definiely going to check out these stores.
    I'm 6ft tall by the way , and you know what that means when trying to find clothes that fit or larger shoe sizes. Have a great day and thanks for sharing.

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures May 13, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Hi Uzo – Thanks for stopping by! Always nice to meet more tall ladies. I hope you're able to make it to one of these stores. I've only been able to shop at tall boutiques 3 times in my life but it's always been a fantastic experience. I think I'll post a shoe map soon too!

• Reply Fevie May 13, 2015 at 5:28 pm

It's a wonder to me that as large and diverse as the state of California is there aren't a few more tall stores around. I started to ponder why this is the case and maybe it is because we do have a plethora of other stores that carry some tall sizes like Old Navy, Gap etc. That of course is all fine and good but I would love to walk into a store where all of the clothes are geared for a tall woman like me. I did get a taste with the Long Tall Sally pop up and it just creates a desire for more. It would be great to be able to go to a specific place at any time when you need a particular outfit piece to wear. I will have to take a trip to Barneys sometime to see what that is all about

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures May 14, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Yes. It is SO odd, isn't it? Especially since I constantly saw tons of tall people when I lived in So. Cal. so there would definitely be a market for it. I hope that someone opens a tall shop there soon!!!

• Reply Fevie May 13, 2015 at 5:28 pm

Btw what does TTYA stand for?

• Reply Patricia F. May 14, 2015 at 9:48 am

Amazing tour through tall shops Beth! I see there many tall options in US regarding fashion because in addition to huge brands like GAP, J. Crew, etc. there're exlusive shops full of tall sins. I'd love to go shopping to UK, since it seems it's is plenty of options… In fact, it's something we could do in our upcoming meet up?
    Have a great week!!

Paty @antesAltaquesinsilla.blogspot.com

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures May 14, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Thanks Paty! Funny you should mention the UK. That'll be the next entry in my Tall Shopping Road Trip Series. 🙂 Going there would be a tall shopper's paradise!

• Reply Tall Clothing Review - Amalli Talli Striped Tall Tunic August 11, 2015 at 4:46 pm

[…] might also like… Stone Cold, Tall Swag Dusty Rose, Tall Swag Tall Shopping Road Trip in the U.S., (Featuring Amalli Talli) Tall Fashion Adventures Entrepreneurial Tall Sisters (Featuring Amalli […]

• Reply Tall Shopping Road Trip Series: Germany and Switzerland December 6, 2015 at 8:19 pm

[…] for another tall shopping road trip? We’ve already planned our trips for The Netherlands and the U.S. This time, we’re hitting the road for some tall shopping in Germany and also adding a bonus […]