Tall Shopping Road Trip Series: Germany and Switzerland

Who’s ready for another tall shopping road trip? We’ve already planned our trips for The Netherlands and the U.S. This time, we’re hitting the road for some tall shopping in Germany and also adding a bonus stop just an hour over the border in Zurich Switzerland.

This road trip includes stops at the following boutiques which specialize in tall women’s fashion:

Grossartig in Hamburg
I Love Tall in Hamburg
I Love Tall (formerly Copper Couture) in Zurich (Check out my write-up on my visit here)
TALL! in Berlin
Juni Fashion in Frankfurt
Long Tall Sally – 5 locations in Hamburg, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Munich and Frankfurt
Egü Modeversand – 6 locations in Hamburg, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Munich, Kiel and Bremen

Of course, you probably wouldn’t need to stop at all four Long Tall Sally stores or all 6 Egü stores but knock yourself out if you have the time. To make things even more interesting, why not block off 2-3 weeks of vacation and combine this road trip shopping spree with a visit to all of the tall shops in The Netherlands!  Your wardrobe would be set for years to come after a road trip like that!

Have you been tall shopping in Germany or Switzerland?  If you’ve ever had a chance to do some in-person tall shopping, where was it?

• Reply Patricia F. May 27, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Hi Beth!! I went to Berlin 2 years ago on vacations and now I see that I missed visting Long Tall Sally 🙁
    Anyway, Hamburg can be a great short trip option, so I'll stay tuned!
    Thanks for sharing!!! Have a great week!

xxPaty @antesAltaquesinsilla.blogspot.com

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures May 29, 2015 at 6:35 am

Paty – Oh no! Bummer that you missed the LTS in Berlin. If you go to Hamburg, you can hit two tall stores. I can't wait to go. 🙂

• Reply tallwife.com May 27, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Another great trip I guess! Dusseldorf is not that far from NL, so perfect to combine indeed.
    Funny to see there is NOTHING in the middle of Germany! 🙂

xx

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures May 29, 2015 at 6:36 am

I know! Surely, there are tall ladies in the middle of Germany, right? If you make it to Düsseldorf, I want to hear all about it.

• Reply The Tall Mama May 27, 2015 at 10:24 pm

I envy you! I have NEVER had a chance to do in person tall shopping – only ever online. Long Tall Sally – don't you want to come to Australia? Pretty please??!

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures May 29, 2015 at 6:37 am

Wow! I'm sorry you've never had a chance to visit a tall boutique. Aren't there a fair amount of tall people in Australia? It seems like there would be a market for tall lines!

• Reply Tall girl May 28, 2015 at 6:46 pm

Haha, you are REALLY into LTC if you visit all four locations — when you got to the last one it'd be about time they offered you a job! I remember LTC from when I was a student in Edinburgh and to be honest, I only ever found a black blazer in there. I think this was because I was young, the fashion 20+ years ago wasn't very nice and their target customer is slightly older — read: 25+. Now I don't even dare to enter their website for fear of loving everything and not being able to buy it here in Norway! I prefer to try a new-to-me brand in store the first time to see how their sizing runs — I'm not used to tall sizing so I might buy the clothes too big! 😉

Anett | Tall Girl's Fashion

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures May 29, 2015 at 6:39 am

Hah! You're right. Going to 4 LTS's would probably be overkill! Then again, if one doesn't have your size maybe they could call the others stores to see which one did and then you could just road trip it to that store. 🙂

That's smart to try new-to-you brands in the store for the first time before having an online order fest. I do often find that tall sizing is a bit different. I usually have to size down.

• Reply 38" Inseam Gray Jeans - Two Looks for the Holidays! December 10, 2015 at 4:29 pm

[…] my tall shopping road trip through Germany with a bonus stop at Copper Couture in Switzerland?  I was thrilled to be able to pop into this tall boutique on my recent weekend jaunt to […]

• Reply Tall Shopping in Switzerland - I Love Tall Boutique February 23, 2016 at 4:10 pm

[…] boutique I Love Tall.  I had already included I Love Tall (formerly called Copper Couture) in my tall shopping road trip through Germany and Switzerland and, awhile back, I noticed some reviews of this tall boutique’s clothing on Susi’s […]

• Reply krystn gull January 14, 2017 at 9:59 pm

I am traveling from the U.S. to Switzerland, Austria, and Germany (Munich) this summer and would love to know which stores I should visit for tall clothing!!

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures January 21, 2017 at 7:36 pm

Hi Krystn – it sounds like you have such a fun trip planned! The only tall shop I am aware of in Switzerland is I Love Tall in Zurich. I don’t know of any tall shops in Austria unfortunately. Caroline from PrettyLong.com lives in Vienna and might be able to provide more info on that. In Munich, you can visit Long Tall Sally. It’s in a great location near the very interesting Asam Church which is worth a look. There is also a Horsch shoe shop in Munich which specializes in very small and very large shoe sizes. If I think of any other shops, I’ll be sure to let you know! Have fun on your trip