Shoes of Prey Custom-Made Shoes Available at Nordstrom

Have you ever dreamed of creating custom-made shoes in person?  Shoes of Prey has you covered! Not only can you design customized shoes on the Shoes of Prey website, but now you can visit select Nordstrom stores and design your shoes with the help of a shoe stylist. I almost swallowed my gum with excitement when I read about the partnership between Shoes of Prey and Nordstrom.   Nordstrom has always been my go-to for my size 11 shoes and is popular amongst tall women since they carry up to a size 13 (and sometimes higher).  Guess what? Shoes of Prey offers its styles up to size 15!!

So what exactly does Shoes of Prey offer and how does it work?

• Choose from 12 shoe shapes (ballet flats, stilettos, sandals, wedges, pumps etc.)
  • Choose your color (over 170 fabrics to choose from)
  • Choose between 5 different widths
  • Choose a shoe size up to US15/EU49/UK13.5
  • Worldwide shipping (receive your order in 5 weeks or less)
  • 365 days to return or request a free redesign

Here’s a look at the online ordering platform:

Shoes of Prey Custom Design

The online ordering and 365 day guaranteed is great but being able to visit the shoe studio, consult with a shoe stylist, get your hot little hands on swatches of the 170+ fabrics/colors and see samples of actual shoes is even better!!

Here are a few of the shoe designs to choose from:

Custom-Made Stiletto Sandals

Custom-Made Ballet Flats
Custom-made pumps
Custom-Made Boots

So far, Shoes of Prey Design Studios have opened at Nordstrom in Seattle and San Francisco.  The Fashion Island – Orange County, CA design studio is opening this week which means I’ll be able to go create some custom shoes the next time I go home to visit the fam!!

Future locations include:

Paramus, NJ (opening April 11)
Pentagon City, VA (opening April 25)
Oakbrook, IL (May 9)

Shoes of Prey launched in 2009 in Australia and in 2013, they opened their first brick and mortar locations in Sydney and Bondi Junction. It’s also worth nothing that the SoP website is available in the following languages: Spanish, German, French and Japanese. I’m thrilled to see a company that offers larger sized shoes experience such international growth, and I can’t wait to see what is next for SoP.

Your Turn

Do custom-made shoes appeal to you and have you ever bought a custom-made item?  Are you willing to pay more money for a custom-made item?

All images – Copyright Shoes of Prey Pty Ltd; Used with permission from media kit

• Reply Patricia F. March 23, 2015 at 10:11 pm

I've always felt attracted for these kind of self-design on-line shoes shop. I've never tried to order any pair, although I've designed some shoes as my "wishlist". The shops I knew so far, were a bit pricy, so why not trying Nordstrom custom-made shoes?
    Great post! Have a nice week!

xxPaty
    antesAltaquesinsilla.blogspot.com

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures March 24, 2015 at 8:07 am

I've never tried to order custom shoes but have ordered a few custom-made items of clothing and most of them worked out really well for me. The thing I love about Shoes of Prey is the worldwide shipping and 365 day guarantee so I feel like I really have nothing to lose by ordering online. 🙂

• Reply Missy G March 24, 2015 at 1:59 am

That's awesome! These shoes are really cute too.

<3 Missy

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures March 24, 2015 at 8:06 am

Isn't it great?! I can't wait to try them. If figure ordering online is also a good option thanks to the worldwide shipping and 365 day guarantee. We'll see how long my will power holds. 🙂

• Reply Tall girl April 14, 2015 at 2:32 pm

This sounds like a dream to me, but I would still be afraid that the shoes won't fit, as my narrow feet need different sizes in different styles. To Norway I would have to pay import duties, which can make international purchases quite expensive, especially if I have to return them and reorded a new pair. Creating me perfect shoe sounds really great, though! I love the black pair with the tassel on the heel…

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures April 14, 2015 at 7:16 pm

Ah…good point re having to pay import tax. That does take the fun out of international shopping and would negate the free remake deal if you have to pay for both pairs. I wonder how they handle different styles potentially having different widths. Hmmmm… I know Bree who writes for The Height of Style Blog recently posted on her Instagram that she has over TEN pairs of SoP shoes! She said it took a few tries to get it right at the beginning. She might be a good resource if you are interested. I also emailed Shoes of Prey asking if they are planning any expansion to Europe (since they now have brick and mortars in the U.S. and are based in Australia) but have yet to hear back.