Entrepreneurial Tall Sisters For The Win!

Do you have a tall sister?  I do and I’ve featured her here on the blog a few times.  I really miss
living near my 5’11 sister for several reasons including the stealing sharing of clothes, fun (and sometimes frustrating) shopping trips and of course the special sisterly bond. Since I’m now living on a different continent and I miss her, here are a couple of my favorite photos of the two of us together during recent trips home to California.  In both photos, we happen to be posing on my magical little Balboa Island where I lived for a few years before I married Mr. L3.

As part of my Tall Specialty Shop Challenge, I’ll be highlighting unique aspects of various tall specialty shops. While we’re on the topic of sisters, I’ve noticed that there are a couple of tall entrepreneurial sister duos out there that are working hard to bring us tall ladies some fabulous
items. Check them out!

Amali Talli – Sisters Amy (6’3.5) and Ali (5’10) opened a tall boutique in the Minneapolis area in late 2014.  Part of their shopping strategy involves attending market expos in various parts of the U.S. and personally measuring and trying on items to make sure they fit before ordering them for their store.  Isn’t it cool to think that a measuring-tape wielding pair of tall sisters is out there scouring the country in order to supply us tall ladies with the latest trends that are guaranteed to fit? They plan to launch an online shop soon. Keep an eye out for it and visit their Eden Prairie, MN store if you’re in the area.

Tallwater Jeans – 6’2 and 6’3 twin sisters Lynn, founders of Tallwater which offers fabulous made-in-America jeans with an inseam of 37″-38″ (so that you can tailor the jean to your perfect length if need be or wear 5 inch heels!), yoga pants and a cute maxi dress.  Since their teenage years, Lynn and Kate have been frustrated by the lack of clothing options for tall ladies.  They decided to collaborate with a veteran denim master and channel that frustration into creating a line of jeans that doesn’t just have a longer inseam but also longer rises and runs, wider leg openings etc.  In short, the jeans are tailor made for a tall woman’s body and with styles ranging from skinnies all the way to trouser jeans, they really do have something for everyone! I think this blurb on the Tallwater website sums it up nicely “The truth is, you can’t take a pattern that was designed for someone who’s 5’7″ and just enlarge it for someone who is 6’2″. It’s a different body type all together. You need to start from scratch. And since nobody else seemed to be willing to do that, we decided to do it ourselves”. Bravo! I’ll be buying a pair of jeans from Tallwater for my March item for the Tall Specialty Shop Challenge. Yay!

• Reply Patricia F. February 28, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Great post!! I didn't know about these star sisters and their job for our tall community. Thanks for sharing! It's a pitty I have a brother who doesn'T understand tall girls clothing problems.. He always finds clothes no matter what lenght he asks for.. 🙁

Have a great weekend!

antes Alta que sinsilla | Alta nunca significó sinsilla

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures February 28, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Thanks Patricia! I bet these sisters have a lot of fun operating their tall clothing businesses together, don't you think? That's funny about your brother! I guess some people just have it easy. Sigh! You have a fantastic weekend too

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures February 28, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Thanks for the kind words! I'm excited to share more of my Tall Specialty Shop Challenge and tall finds. Stay tuned!

• Reply Tara Smith March 25, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Thank you for posting this! No matter how many Google searches I've done over the years for tall clothing, you always manage to introduce companies I've never found.
    I'm 6'2 and my sister is 5'10. We've always joked about opening up our own tall clothing line. Glad these girls did it though, because for us, it may have always remained a dream. Or who knows, maybe we'll open a more affordable clothing line one day. That's not knocking anyone at all, I just personally cringe when the price is $100 or more on 1 pair of jeans. I want to be able to pay $45 like the average height gal. 😉

• Reply Tall Fashion Adventures March 26, 2015 at 7:12 am

Hi Tara – I'm so glad I'm able to introduce you to new tall stores! Makes my day to hear that. And how fun that you have a tall sister too.

I definitely understand the issue of pricey tall clothes and it would be nice to have more well-made affordable options. I do find that the pricier items are usually of very high quality, and at least they seem to last a long time if we're going to have to pay a pretty penny for them. Still, it can sometimes be a bit hard to stomach like you say. If you and your sister ever open a shop, be sure to let me know. You already have one customer right here. 🙂

• Reply Tall Clothing Review - Amalli Talli Striped Tall Tunic August 14, 2015 at 8:44 am

[…] Tall Swag Tall Shopping Road Trip in the U.S., (Featuring Amalli Talli) Tall Fashion Adventures Entrepreneurial Tall Sisters (Featuring Amalli Talli), Tall Fashion […]

• Reply Tall Shopping Road Trip Series - Tall Boutiques in the U.S. August 25, 2015 at 8:33 am

[…] my Entrepreneurial Tall Sisters write-up featuring Amalli Talli? If not, here’s a refresher. Amalli Talli is a […]