Long Tall Sally recently offered to send me a couple of items to try out and review. I figured this very pretty orange scallop stitch sweater was perfect because it was springy and went with my Project Remix color scheme. As always, even though I didn’t pay for this item, I will give my honest opinion. If I hated it, I’d tell ya. 🙂
Initially, I thought I should try to get the review of the sweater up on the blog posthaste since this is the first time LTS has sent me something to review. Then, I decided it made more sense to do a true test drive of the sweater before reviewing. In the past few weeks, I’ve worn the top to work, to a family BBQ at a lake and on the weekends to run errands, packed it in a suitcase for a trip and washed it. Test drive complete and I’m ready to report!
When the size small sweater arrived a few weeks ago, temps were still 50s-70s here, and I could easily wear the sweater while I was out and about on the weekends. I became a bit glum when the temps started holding steady in the 80s BUT THEN this past Friday, I made the grave error of wearing a short sleeve top to work and ended up freezing my petuski off since my company feels the need to blast the AC until it becomes the arctic tundra in our building. I sat there all day thinking about how glorious it would be to have my new orange sweater on. Long story short….I think I’ll get plenty of wear out of this sweater even though it’s heating up around here.
Here are a few things I’m liking about the sweater:
- It doesn’t get wrinkly when I pack it in a suitcase
- The scallop stitching is really pretty
- The length is generous so I don’t have to worry about flashing people when I sit or bend over
- It seems to wash well. It wasn’t wrinkled after I took it out of the washer
- I get lots of compliments on it!
I’m not the only one loving this sweater – Check out the reviews on the LTS site!
A couple of drawbacks so far are:
- The fabric felt a teensy bit itchy at first. Now it seems to be fine. Maybe I just needed to break it in
- The front is a bit delicate and prone to snags because of the stitching. I can be a bit rough and tumble sometimes and already snagged it once. I was able to hide the snag so it’s not a huge deal
I’ve been toying with the idea of venturing into the scary world of white jeans. Having this top in my closet is making that urge even stronger because I know it would look fantastic with a pair of white jeans. Stay tuned!